Thursday, June 24, 2010

Staycation on The Pelican Coast


This week I should have been on the beach in Gulf Shores, AL but due to the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico I cancelled our condo reservations. Instead I decided to spend my vacation dollars at home and call it Staycation. With my sister, her husband and mine we traveled to Grand Isle, LA, had a few beers at a "Who Dat" bar & a seafood lunch at a local restaurant. We even bought a few souvenirs.







Even though the beaches were closed we ventured to get a look at the clean up effort.







Let us not give up hope that this oil breach is contained and the clean up is swift and complete. God Bless Louisiana.

1 comment:

Andree' said...

If it couldn't be Gulf Shores with ya'll, I'm glad we were able to spend some time together on STAYCATION. Back at work today and everyone asking me how my vacation was - I have introduced them to the new word 'STAYCATION!'