Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy National Scrapbooking Day 2011

I completed these scrapbook pages over a month ago at Scrapfest but waited to post them for today's National Scrapbooking Day. I used pictures from my Gulf Shores family vacations in 2008 and 2009.





Now just recently I made this fleur de lis page using a new "metal" technique I learned from Lori, a scrapbooking buddy of mine. She learned the technique in a class at Scrapfest given by an employee of Treasured Memories, a scrapbook store in Lafayette, Louisiana.

It is hard to tell but the photo shows my funny Illinois relatives, Pat and Judy, holding crystal Fleur de Lis ornaments up to their ears like earrings. The ornaments were a souvenir from their trip to New Orleans in 2009.

Here is a scrapbook page I made at Treasured Memories. They taught me how to make 3-D flowers using paper, ribbon and fabric. Very cool.

1 comment:

Andree' said...

The memory of MacDonald camp were not fun "at the time", however they do say that you will laugh at these things one day, and I guess today is the day. MacDonald camp mailbox is packed for Gulf Shores this year, however the parachute is not coming to the beach anymore. Been there, done that - scratch it off the bucket list.