Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Baby Showers

It's been busy lately with 1 granny shower and 3 baby showers.  The first one was the granny shower given by my Canasta ladies on Oct 9 in Mandeville.   Each lady brought a dish for lunch to share (we usually go out to eat) and presents to keep at Granny's house.  They also gave me a Michael's gift card as a farewell gift.

The first baby shower was at my Mama's house on Oct. 18 where the cousins from my side of the family were all invited.  Emily's mama, Tricia, was able to come too.  It had a "Little Peanut" theme.
 


The second baby shower was on Nov. 15 in Lafayette where the soon-to-be parents live and my new home town.  My sisters and mama were able to come too. 
 
Emily wrote on her Facebook page, "One thing is for sure. After two showers, my child will not go naked!!!! Haha. Can't wait to play dress up."

The third baby shower was in Emily's childhood home town of Shreveport where most of her relatives and friends live or are close enough to make the trip.   It had an owl theme.




 
Here is what the mother-to-be had to say, "So I am definitely feeling the love!!!! I really can't say thank you enough to all the family that traveled in for the shower. I had an amazing day. Please know how much the outpouring of support means to Jude and I as our family becomes a little bit bigger."

Hopefully my next blog update will be to announce the birth of my new granddaughter.

No comments: