Saturday, April 11, 2009

Amelia's Feast Day April 5




I have been reflecting all week on this very long year since Amelia's death. I am now anticipating the last milestone to complete the year, Easter Sunday. I've written down some memorable quotes that have given me comfort and by God's grace I am at peace because of the words.
"Make yourself familiar with the angels and behold them frequently in spirit, for without being seen they are present with you." St. Francis deSales
"Always Remembered, Every life leaves something beautiful." Hallmark 2008 ornament
"There will never be a day that I don't think of you." Andrew Lloyd Weber
"Grief is an expression that you loved well." unknown
"The love you have for Amelia keeps her spirit within you alive." Joyce Dupclay
"If I lost my faith, I knew that I wouldn't be able to survive." Immaculee'
"Suffering is meant as a way to remind us to pray. In despair we often call on God, but we forget to follow His ways or keep praying when our suffering has ended and we're happy again." Immaculee'
"I didn't just hear music. It seemed as if I were part of the music-and it played in and through my body." Don Piper, author of 90 Minutes in Heaven

2 comments:

Jane Sedgebeer said...

What a beautiful angel!!!
Through Amelia's suffering and her accepting her suffering, God left you with the peaceful knowledge that your child is in Heaven. As much heartache as her not being here has left, what a beautiful thought of knowing she is resting in Mary's arms! As her mother you helped pave her way by raising her full of faith! Love, Jane

Nanny said...

What a perfect picture to a perfect love story ending we all had with our little Amelia Bedelia. Her spirit lives on in each and every one of us. What a gift the Lord gave to us.